If you have any doubts about the need to replace your poly pipes, take a look at the pictures of a home that suffered from a single leak. These homeowners were away on vacation when a leak developed in the upstairs bathroom. More than 27,000 gallons of water ran through their home.
When they returned, there was four feet of water in the basement and $138,000 worth of damage to their furniture, carpets, wallpaper, wallboard, ceilings and priceless family heirlooms.
Call today for information and a firsthand look at the inside of poly pipes and fittings. We offer free estimates within our standard service areas.
Welcome Home To A Poly Leak
“All of our first floor and basement ceilings caved in.”
“In some cases, homeowners are finding that homeowners insurance companies will either cancel their coverage when extensive damage is caused by [polybutylene] or refuse coverage to homes piped with PB.” —-Arizona Water Resource, the University of Arizona, November-December issue, 1994
My Grandmother’s Hutch
“Not every PB system leaks, but the material is susceptible to corrosion when it comes into contact with chlorinated water, resulting in breakage and splitting of PB piping.” —-Martin Schneider, The Baltimore Sun
“If your house has polybutylene water pipes, you might pray for them to burst soon, because money from a class action lawsuit ruling for faulty plumbing is running out.” —-Chad Barwick, Island Packet, Hilton Head Island, June 30, 1998
Our Dining Room
“Our home was devastated”
“The pipes now are outlawed in Prince George’s and Montgomery counties and elsewhere in the country.” —-Kenneth Lelen, Washington Post, May 16, 1998
“You could drive through a neighborhood [in San Antonio], and every street would have water running down it.” —-Henry Cisneros, Mayor of San Antonio and US Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, interviewed by Ed Bradley for 60 Minutes, December 30, 1990
This was our credenza.
“If the pipes aren’t broken, there is nothing a homeowner can do,” [Charlie Forton, codes enforcement officer for the Town of Hilton Head Island] said. “They just have to sit around and wait for it to break. It is a bad situation.” —-Charlie Forton, Hilton Head Island
Our floors and walls were buckling and waterlogged.”
“Cascading water ruptured the ceiling in several places on the main level and poured down onto [Milton and Rhonda Schultz’s] kitchen cabinets, newly decorated walls and oak floor. From there, it spilled into the living room and family room, destroying carpeting in its wake, and sloshed downstairs to the basement.” —-Kenneth Lelen, Washington Post, May 16, 1998