City of Phoenix – Hillside
The city of Phoenix requires the review of hillside plans for any project deemed in the hillside development area (those properties having a 10 percent or greater slope). The Landscape Section checks the grading and drainage plans for ordinance requirements, such as height of the building over natural grade, lot coverage, and area of disturbance outside of the roof.
Hillside plans are classified as civil plans and therefore are reviewed under the civil plan review process. For a step-by-step overview of the civil process, please select Civil Plans Review Process. Otherwise, select from the hillside topics listed below for additional information:
- Frequently Asked Questions- Hillside1
- Hillside Checklist1
- Hillside Checklist – Single Family Residential1
- Hillside Grading Waiver Process1
- Hillside and Landscape Information Resources for City of Phoenix Customers1
- Hillside Ordinance (Chapter 7 – Section 710, Zoning Ordinance)
- Slope Analysis Checklist1
- Sonoran Desert Plant List1
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact your project team leader or the Development Services Department by calling 602-262-7811 or send us feedback online.
Scottsdale – Hillside Lot Ordinance